We are hiring!
Tamata is looking to hire an employee for the following position:
– Senior DevOps engineer
Technology in Tamata is the backbone of all of the services that we are proudly providing to our valuable customers. Our work is highly diverse, yet evolves around e-commerce, courier, and inventory management domains. All of which are highly innovative and data-driven. Our vision is to pioneer the online shopping experience in Iraq, making it more accessible than ever. With 4+ years of experience in the market, we’ve constructed a concrete understanding of the customer needs, all of which require technological solutions. Join us and be part of the big change!
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for operating Tamata App systems serving our valuable Iraqi customers. Moreover, you’ll be responsible for operating Tamata internal systems. Your work will directly serve country-wide digital transformation, enhancing Iraq’s access to unreachable markets through resilient and high-performing systems.
– Consult with management on operational requirements and provide implementation plans.
– Manage deployments of Tamata systems on cloud platforms (AWS, Vercel, Heroku, etc.).
– Collaborate with developers on building effective CI/CD pipelines.
– Setup and configuration of firewall solutions to protect Tamata’s system and valuable customer personal information.
– Monitor systems’ performance, load, and operational costs.
– Ensure systems security and compliance.
– Perform and automate load tests and stress tests, providing objective results aiding vertical and horizontal scaling requirements.
– Set up and maintain telemetry tools and observability systems.
– Follow up on any other operational requirements according to Technical Manager guidance.
– Mainstream DevOps approach to development teams.
– 2+ years of prior software development experience, especially with backend technologies with 3+ years in DevOps/DevSecOps and system operation, or combined equivalent experience.
– Proven experience in AWS Cloud technologies.
– Proven experience in managing Linux-based systems.
– Proven experience in the configuration and operation of load balancers, such as HAProxy.
– Proven experience in Nginx or other web servers.
– Proven experience with dock erization and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
– Proven experience with vertical and horizontal scaling.
– Proven experience in cluster configurations in general.
– Verbal and written English fluency is a must as you’ll be working with international staff.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please send your resume to